Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bands I like!

Tuesdays new special: Bands I like!

Today being a most beautiful day of reading and enjoying a mix of music from the amazing video ipod, I decided to let you all in on some of my favorite artists. Caution: I am no musical genius but feel I have a somewhat good taste in music. Call me vein or whatever but without further ado.

One of my favorite bands right now and for the past 3 years has been Annuals. If you click the link you will read: Annuals infuse their music with an array of intense emotions. As young as they are, Annuals draws influences from a diverse range of artists such as Mike Patton, Brian Wilson, Paul Simon, Radiohead, the Beatles, Hank Williams Sr., Bjork and Aphex Twin. The mixing of styles, from electronic to folk to rock results in a totally singular sound. Reminiscent of high drama acts such as Arcade Fire and Sufjan Stevens, this musical collective appeals to both experimental and pop fans who appreciate well-produced material and artristry(Would have wrote my own review but this one said it best).

Check Them Out:
Annuals - Brother



Annuals - Carry Around



Annuals - Dry Clothes




Hope you enjoy! I'm plannin on seeing them live in San Diego for my Bday. So excited!

1 comment:

Vince said...

I could get into that. good share.

www.nikao.ws

MyPersonality.info Badge

Click to view my Personality Profile page