Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday's Scattered Thoughts


Today's Scattered Thoughts is something I have been thinking about for a while now. Four the better part of the last 3 or 4 years I have had quite an assortment of jobs. None of which I felt really connected to. You know those jobs that pay the bills but you know you hate doing it. Or you just feel no fullfillment. Well that has been me in past few years. But I am coming to a sort of crossroads in my thoughts, that it's not so much what I do to make money, it is the other things outside of that time (work time) that I am not doing (i.e. teaching, reading, exercising, learning, ect.). I dream job would be to do Spiritual Formation for a church/Marriage and Family Therapy. And when I get older I'd like to be a professor. Anywho I realized that with the vast years ahead of me my outlook needed a little tweak. The question I had to ask myself was, What are you doing now to do the things you want to? How are you going to get to that place? Well there is not really an answer for now, but a new/fresh perspective to move forward. So what have I done thus far? Well I am volunteering at church, nothing large but get myself plugged in and perhaps challenge myself in new roles. Also I have commited myself(I'm not very discplined in this area) to getting back into shape both physically and intellectually.
I am encouraged by the fact that I don't have it all together right now nor have I found the perfect plan of action but it is progression from yesterday and the day before that and so on and so on and so on....

What do you do find meaning in your life? What feeds your soul?

No comments:

MyPersonality.info Badge

Click to view my Personality Profile page