Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thought of the day

Last night we had our life group, and once again it was just an encouragement to be apart of something real. We talked about "shame". It is really difficult to put into words sometimes what you feel shame for because I don't believe that anyone of us are developed/nurtured to know how to express that. So what the heck are we suppose to do? Do we have to wait around to hear someone say they deal with the same thing in order to let it out? Do we wait for the Holy Spirit to envoke brokeness >>>> confession?

For me my frustration is with time... it takes time, everything takes time. I don't want to hurt anymore, I don't want to feel those same shameful things, I don't want deal with it at all. Yet I am reminded of a book I read, "Making all things new" by Henri Nouwen.

- Our first task is to dispel the vague, murky feeling of discontent and to look critically at how we are living our lives. This requires honesty, courage, and trust. We must honestly unmask and courageously confront our many self-deceptive games. We must trust that our honesty and courage will lead us not to despair, but to a new heaven and a new earth.

I will get frustrated, but I must seek solitude.
Henri Nouwen also writes:

Without solitude it is virtually impossible to live a spiritual life. Solitude begins with a time and place for God, and him alone. If we really believe not only that God exists but also the he is actively present in our lives-- healing, teaching, and guiding--we need to set aside a time and space to give him our undivided attention. Jesus says,"Go to your private room and, when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in that secret place" (Matt 6:6).

"I need thee oh I need thee, every hour I need thee..."

No comments:

MyPersonality.info Badge

Click to view my Personality Profile page