Friday, March 7, 2008

BLEEPIN Article!

I just read this interesting article about a 14 yr old from South Pasadena that started a no cussing club. From there the City of South Pasadena council declared it to be a cussing free zone. Check out the article
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-03-06-cuss-free-zone_N.htm#uslPageReturn

If you do check out the article make sure to read some of the comments; some are pretty funnny, some are just immature, and some are just blah. I have to say I commend this boy, very pay it forward kind of thought. But I'm sorry I if trip or hurt myself, you should know whats coming next.
This story reminded me that when my brotherinlaw came out to visit, we went to this book store and as we were leaving there was this security guard who was offering some help to fix a door that had broken. As we passed them by he then said something like , "You know what you need? Yah need a damn crowbar". With heavy emphasis on the "damn". We thought it was funny. WHy? Cause it just seemed like such an inappropriate use in that particular sentence or situation.
Anywho, I am not about eradicating all use of words. I suppose in some ways there is a time and a place. A large part of what people see of you comes from the vocabulary you use. Is that always right, no. But words are powerful, they can penetrate us. SO watch your mouth foo!

No comments:

MyPersonality.info Badge

Click to view my Personality Profile page