Thursday, March 27, 2008

Finding Inspiration


I have always had this dream.... that someday I would be this great song writer/muscian. I don't really feel like a have that great of a voice so that was never part of the dream to sing but ehhh.
I first started playing the guitar about 3 years ago out of a crazy whim, also there was only one other person to lead worship for my Youth group, so I wanted to help. So at first it was exciting, I was playing everyday 2 or 3 hours just trying to master certain chords. It continued like that until I finished college.
Now I have always been a writer. I love to write. I wouldn't say that I am exceptional at it but I can hold my own. So within those first two years I felt like I was writing and playing, creative juices were flowing. But now I just can seem to find that edge, that appeal of melodies/words... I try to find inspiration in different types of music, artist that I respect lyrically/muscianship but I feel so unmotivated.
Perhaps it is just a stage... and I will find my niche again, somehow, somewhere...

How/where do you find your inspiriation?

1 comment:

Karl said...

Listening to anything Irish always does it for me. I'm weird. I know.

MyPersonality.info Badge

Click to view my Personality Profile page